Sunday 8 January 2017

My surprising 2016 Challenges


Hello, hello! It's 2017 now, and it's time to have a look back at the past year and see how I did with the challenges I signed up for, which were mainly two -  2016 Finishing the Series Challenge (hosted by Bea's Nook Book) and 2016 Audiobook Challenge (hosted by Hot Listens). I'd never done challenges before, so I thought these ones were a nice opportunity to test the waters and see how I'd do!




I was really impressed to see I'd actually met my goals for both challenges! 

2016 Finishing the Series Challenge

I didn't think I had done well for the 2016 Finishing the Series Challenge, but it turns out I'd set between 3 and 6 series (level 3), and I've actually finished 3 series!

1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkin
2. The Mortal Instruments Series, by Cassandra Clare
3. Saga Bajo el Cielo Púrpura de Roma, by Alessandra Neimar

I found this challenge to be rather challenging (he!) because there were a lot of books I wanted to read which weren't part of any of the series, and I think the amount of books that I wanted to read in 2016 was quite decreased by my joining this challenge  -especially because I stupidly kept reading the Mortal Instruments Series even though I wasn't enjoying it all that much, which slowed me down a lot. New Year's Resolution: stop reading books you're not enjoying enough!

2016 Audiobook Challenge

And about 2016 Audiobook Challenge, I think I met my goal pretty decently :P I had set myself to listen to a total of 4 audiobooks throughout the year, and I've listened to 5! Yay, Cova! :D

1. Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2)
2. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1)
3. The Evolution of Mara Dyer (The Mara Dyer Trilogy #2)
4. The Retribution of Mara Dyer (The Mara Dyer Trilogy #3)
5. To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All The Boys I've Loved Before Series #1)

I love listening to audiobooks! That is something I found throughout this past year 2016. I can't go running without an audiobook with me now -it's just so boring! And music doesn't quite do the job...


Anyway, I think 2016 was a good year challenge-related :) I hope I can do even better in 2017! I'm gonna go challenge hunting right after I finish writing this post ;) What I really need to improve on, thought, is updating the "Progress" Bar for the challenges... 😌

Do you guys know of any cool challenges to join this year? Leave me a comment if you do! Hope you all have a great start of the year! 


Happy reading!




Don't forget you can follow me on any of the social media below!

Google+     Bloglovin'    Goodreads    Twitter




Previous Post



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comment!