Thursday 13 July 2017

Top 5 Wednesday 4 | Children's Books




Hello, everyone! I know it's been quite a long time since I last posted - I've been doing some studying and some traveling :D In the past two weeks I've been to Newcastle and London in the UK and to Pamplona in Spain (San Fermines party!). Now I am back home, and I plan to do a lot of reading and a lot of blogging, either of which I haven't really had the time to do whilst in my adventures. 

Top 5 Wednesday is a Goodreads meme created by Lainey and now managed by Sam in which there is a different topic each Wednesday for us to write out top 5 about. This week's topic is 

Children's Books

I wrote a very similar post a few months back (5 Book Series of my Childhood), but I'll try to include different books this time around. 

All book covers are linked to their respective Goodreads page.


Coraline - Neil Gaiman


I remember reading this book at least a trillion times because I really, really liked it. And when it was made into a movie, I was so proud to have read it many years before I even knew that was going to happen. I remember it being a very dark book, but I always wanted to find out what was going on! I bet I will find a totally different story if I read it now, though. The wanders of books!

St. Clare's series - Enid Blyton


I believe Enid Blyton is mostly known for her Famous Five saga (which I already read when I was little), but my sister and I enjoyed this series the best. We loved that it was set in an all-girls boarding school and, most of all, that it was about two twins - just like us! By the same author, we also read and really liked the Malory Towers series, and I also read some of The Secret Seven books - although I think I didn't enjoy it as much because it was too similar to the Famous Five. Enid Blyton was definitely a great influence in our early readings! For some strange reason, I always forget to mention this amazing author in my posts...

The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis


I used to be a fan of these books! I remember I owned the second book in the series before it ever got made into a movie. Regardless, I read it and I liked it, but when I got to read the first one, of course everything made so much more sense!

The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett


This book I've read only once in my life. It was one of the first books I ever borrowed from a library, and I loved it. I loved it so much the memory still remains fresh. I had forgotten its title and its author's name, so obviously it was impossible to find - more so because I don't live in the same town anymore. I knew it was something about a garden, and I was such fool as to think I'd found it when Kate Morton's book The Forgotten Garden hit bookstores. It was obviously not it, but doing some research for another post I finally got it :) It's on my re-read list, of course!

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and Jonathan Livingstone Seagull by Richard Bach


Oh these books! Normally my mum was the one that bought us the books we read, but these ones I have to write about them together because they were my dad's thing. He's always loved beautiful things, and these two books are just that. They are both very special books, and I still love them :) They are some of those you everyone has to read.


And those are 5 (rather 6) of my favourite kids' books. As you can see, all of them are from when I was a child because I don't really read kids' or middle-grade books anymore. 

What are some of your favourite books from when you were little? Leave them down below!


Happy reading!


Previous T5W...




Follow Wonderful Literature! 

Google+     Bloglovin'    Goodreads    Twitter

5 comments:

  1. I really need to read The Little Prince. Seriously! I keep hearing about it, but have never given it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's beautiful! You should definitely get a hold of a copy soon. As I said, It's one of those books you just must read 😊

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you took a break from reading to go on vacation. London and Spain sounds amazing!!

    So many of these books are also my favorite. Strangely, I've read The Little Prince in French (I couldn't do it now anymore) but haven't done so in English. =)

    Lonna @ FLYLēF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of these books I didn't read in English either! I read them all in Spanish :)

      Delete
    2. I LOVE THAT! Some books are just meant to be read in a different language. :)

      Delete

I'd love to read your comment!