Wednesday 7 June 2017

Top 5 Wednesday 3 | Books for your Hogwarts House

In the Goodreads Group Top 5 Wednesday we're given a topic for each Wednesday of the month, and we are meant to say our top 5 related to the topic. It was created by Lainey, and you can find more information here :)


Books for your Hogwarts House

Hello everyone! This week's T5W is all about Hogwarts - the top 5 books that represent our Hogwarts house. Now, you might think you belong to a certain Hogwarts House because that's the one you like or the one you think you'd fit in best, but truth is you'll never really know unless you've taken Pottermore's House sorting test. Yes, my friends. This page, ran partly by J.K. Rowling herself, is the ultimate tool for you to navigate through the wonders of Harry Potter's magical world. You can get your hands on the one wand meant just for you, and you can even attempt to get into Hogwarts by getting your head under the famous Sorting Hat. Only then you'll know for sure what your Hogwarts House is. 

I have, of course, taken the test, and I was lucky enough for the Sorting Hat to place me in the House I'd always wanted to be in - Gryffindor, the House for the brave and the courageous and the chivalrous. It had to be that one! ๐Ÿ˜


And thus the books I have chosen to include in this post will for the adventurous, the daring, and the brave. Beware!

Cover pictures are linked to their respective Goodreads page.


The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss


Oh, but of course I had to talk about The Name of the Wind! This fantastic (and I use here both meanings of the word) novel is a wonder every Gryffindor should read. It is set in a made-up, medievalish time, with a famous main character that has been hidden away from man knowledge for quite some time now, changing his name and becoming somewhat of a legend. One day, an adventurous writer finds him, and our man decides to tell his magical and exciting story in no more and no less than three days. The Name of the Wind is the first of those three days, being the following two the next two books in the trilogy (the last of which has yet to be published). This is one of my all-time favourite books, and it is full of adventure, magic and courage (perfect for Gryffindor, don't you think?). I freaking love this book, and I encourage you to read is ASAP if you haven't already, because I am sure it will be one of your all-time favourites, too! ;)

Inkworld Trilogy - Cornelia Funke
I have talked about this trilogy on various occasions already, and I think it deserves a spot on this list because of all the creativity that has been put into its development. I read these books around 7 years ago, and they've stayed with me since. They are great books full of adventure and magic, and they will always have a special place in my heart ๐Ÿ’›

The Prince of the Mist - Carlos Ruiz Zafรณn


This one might be slightly off the type of books I've chosen for this post, but it is, nevertheless, just as valid for Gryffindor's library. It is a fantasy novel, but less of fantastic creatures and more of mysterious characters and circumstances. I've added it to the list because of the growth the main character goes through in the novel! A very recommended book by one of my all-time favourite authors :)

Emerald Green - Kerstin Gier


Emerald Green is the last book to The Precious Stone Trilogy, and I've chosen it above the previous two because it's the one that has the most adventure, although really the whole series is about adventure, love and... *drum roll* time travel! I love this trilogy. I also read it a while ago, but it's been stuck with me ever since I did. Also, fun fact, it is the only series to which my mind has a musical piece associated -I read it at the time that I discovered The river flows in you by Yiruma, and because it has no lyrics my mind can sing to, I played it while I read the books. Now, I cannot listen to the song without thinking of the story, nor vice versa. 

Strange the Dreamer - Laini Taylor


I have to admit I have not yet finished reading this book ๐Ÿ˜… It is one of my current reads, but I have read enough to securely confirm that it is worthy of Gryffindor House. It is a fantasy novel, and its main character Lazlo is ever so noble, kind and heroic without even meaning to. It would make the perfect addition to Gryffindor's shelves - even if it's just for Laini Taylor's wonderful writing! 


Do you think these books fit Gryffindor House? Do leave me your links so that I can read what books you talked about in your T5W!



Happy reading!


Previous T5W:



Don't miss out on new posts!




Google+     Bloglovin'    Goodreads    Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these lists. I think it's such a fun way to explore different facets of the Hogwarts houses and give book recommendations at the same time. I love the Inkworld trilogy so much. Mo was on my list this week for favorite fictional fathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I thought it was a great idea :D I loved Mo too when I read the books!

      Delete
  2. These are some great choices! I loved Strange the Dreamer and the whole Ruby Red series (have you watched the movies?)!! Also, The Inkworld Trilogy was so amazing to read as a child - you've got Gryffindor reads pegged haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched the movies because I remember they were filming them when I read the books, so I waited for them to be voiced over to either English or Spanish. But that wasn't coming so I guess I lost track of them? I'll search for them online and see if I can find them with subtitles! Thanks a lot for the reminder :D I'm so excited know!

      One's gotta know what their House's Library should look like! ;)

      Delete

I'd love to read your comment!