Saturday 26 September 2015

Before I Go to Sleep - S.J. Watson


I did not know of this book before I found it in a bookstore at Dubai's airport, and I chose it because the story really intrigued me - I thought "how is it possible to write a story where the protagonists does not remember what has been written before?", and I have to say S.J. Watson completely nailed it. She does it in such a smooth manner that you don't even realise what she's doing to you until she's already done it, and it's too late and you're dead right there with the book in your hands. This book completely blew my mind

I will just write what comes on the back cover of the book, because it is what I read before I started reading the whole book, which worked just fine for me:

Memories define us
What if you lost yours every time you went to sleep?
Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love - all forgotten over night.
And the one person you trust may only be telling you half the story.
Welcome to Christine's life.

It is the first psychological thriller that I ever read, and I absolutely loved it. I found it absolutely beautiful. The writing is perfect, the characters are perfectly well developed and the story is just mind-blowing. 

There is not much more that I can say, other than encourage you to read this wonderful book. I loved it so much that I gave it a 5 out of 5. I know this is a very short review, but trust me - just read it! I guarantee you will not regret it.
Happy reading!

wonderful literature.


If you liked this book, you might also like...

The Girl on the Train

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comment!