Saturday 9 July 2016

May/June Bookhaul :D


Hello there! As you probably figured out by the title already, I bought and received quite a large amount of books recently - so that I decided to write a whole new post about it. Some I've read already, some are still in my TBR list. Whatever I know about each of them, I will tell you :) 


A Thousand Pieces of You (Claudia Gray)


My sister gave me this book for my birthday. I didn't really know what it was about, but I'd seen its amazing cover in book shops before, and I really wanted to get my hands on it! I have already read it, and I made a full book review of it :) Waiting to get the second novel of the series! 


Ready Player One (Ernest Cline)


A friend of mine gave me this book for the Book Day as a new tradition that we started together - each year we'll each give the other a book on the 23rd April. This year it was kind of a rushed resolution, so we kind of tipped off one another on what we wanted :P I really wanted this one! And I got the beautiful hard cover edition. Thanks Paula! <3 Have not read it yet, but certainly will soon.

American Gods (Neil Gailman)


This one I got from my brother-in-law for my birthday. I am not sure what it is about yet, though I have to confess I started it and stopped reading it on page 20 :S not because I didn't like it - it seemed a very interesting story from the little I read, but because I kind of had it for my beach days, and I just never kept on reading it when they ended. I guess I never gave it a chance to get to the really interesting part... It is still in my TBR list though, so I will read it at some point :) 

Cathedral of the Sea (La Catedral del Mar - Ildefonso Falcones)


La Catedral del Mar was given to me, again, for my birthday. Don't know what it is about, but I know it's a historical fiction set in Barcelona. Looks interesting :)

Hollow City (Ransom Riggs)


Hollow City is the second part to the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series, which is part of my Finishing the Series Challenge. I wrote a full review of the first book to the series, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

The Lake House (Kate Morton)


This book I bought in Madrid's Airport. As a fun note, I was debating whether to buy it or not because I really wanted to read something by this author but it costed like €24 in hard cover while there were other books by Kate Morton in paperback edition which were like €9. I had to wait quite a while for my flight's departure, so I thought I'd think about it while I got some coffee, and in the mean time I found the book I wanted in a different shop in the airport in paperback format for €9! What must come, will come ;) I read it and I really liked it. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars, and you can read my full review here :)

Everything Everything (Nicola Yoon)

I bought this book on Amazon as I got a €10 discount for answering a quality survey (quite a long survey, may I say) about the Duty Free shops in Madrid's airport. I'm so lucky hehe! Apparently, it's about a girl who cannot leave her house as she is allergic to lost of stuff out there. A guy comes to live next door and, surprisingly, befriends her. Love story. That's all I know. But I want to read it so badly! It might be one of my next reads ;)

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry (Gabrielle Zevin)


I've been wanting to get a hold of this book for ages! I've heard so many fantastic opinions on it that I finally went and bought it. From what I know, it is about a man who owns a book shop who mysteriously receives a little boy on his front door, and has to take care of him. I really want to read this book too! It won't be too long :D 

Arena Roja (Gema Bonnín)


This book has been written by Gema Bonnín, who is a good friend of mine. That's how I knew about it and, of course, I had to read it! I loved it. It's a Young Adult novel set around 200 years from now. The world has turned tables, and now the Asian part is the strongest economically and socially, while Europe and America are declining heavily. It follows a young girl, Faith, who is a bastard child of one of the owners of a huge pharmaceutical company in Hong Kong. There, these children and their mother are given a nice place to live - all together in a big compound, but they are more prisoners than anything -it's a way to keep them controlled. Her mother finds out something terrible her father is going to do, so she is killed, while Faith is taken to Europe to become a slave gladiator in fights which are prohibited in Asia. It's a fantastic idea, and a fantastic novel. You will get the full book review soon :) Sadly, it's only been published in Spanish for now. 

Me Before You (Jojo Moyes)


Who doesn't know Me before You? It's been all around the media these days - especially with the release of the movie adaptation. I wanted to read it before I watched the movie, so I bought it, and I've finished it already. It's about a girl named Louisa who finds a job in which she has to take care of a tetraplegic 35-year-old guy. I'll post the full review shortly :)

Tanya Bakes (Tanya Burr)

And last, but not least, the new cook book by the YouTuber Tanya Burr. I have't tried any of her recipes yet, but I'm planning to cook something maybe today or tomorrow. The images of the dishes she makes are absolutely gorgeous, and the instructions seem easy and straightforward. She also makes a cute little introduction for all the recipes and how they became important in her life. 


That makes 11 books in 2 months, which is not bad :P  Hoped to liked this new type of post!

Any books you recommend me reading? Leave any suggestion in the comments! :D


Happy reading!










Previous post...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comment!