Sunday 29 January 2017

Most exciting releases of 2017!




Hello, hello! Even though it's not the start of the year anymore, I thought I'd still write a post about the books I'm most excited for which will come out this year. I don't usually search for books that are not yet published -I'm used to waiting for other people to read them and see what the bookish community thinks. But for some reason, this year I've found myself searching for books that I could read for my reading challenges, and some of the ones I found had not been published yet but still I really wanted to read them! Also, as most people do, I always wait for book sequels to come out, and there are two I am very excited about this year!

So summing up, here are the 2017 releases I am most excited for! If you click on the images, it should take you to the Goodreads page for the book :)


King's Cage (Red Queen #3) - Victoria Aveyard


This is the third and last part of the Red Queen Trilogy, and I am so excited about it because I really liked the first two books and this was the first book series I actually read as the books came out -for some reason I always end up reading book series whose books have all been published when I start it! I have it on pre-order already. February 7th, can you please come already?!

Ronit and Jamil - Pamela L. Laskin



Ronit and Jamil is a retelling of Romeo and Juliet told in verse (how cool is that?!) about two teenagers who fall in love, but one is from Palestine and the other is from Israel. I am so excited to read it because it's something totally different from what I'm used to, and the story itself looks amazing and genuine. It comes out February 21st, and I just can't wait!

Forget Me Not - Ellie Terry


This book is about a girl with Tourette syndrome who tries to fit in in school, and cope with all that's going on in her family. I want to read this book because (1) I don't know what Tourette syndrome is about (yes, us Med students don't know everything), and (2) I love when authors introduce new elements in their stories. It's just so refreshing. So yeah, I really look forward to this one! It will com out March 14th

Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3) - Jenny Han


I am soooo excited for this one! I read the first two books last semester and they were REALLY addictive. The series follows a girl named Lara Jean who has this habit of writing letters she never sends to the boys she likes once she stops loving them, but one day they are sent away. The story is so original, and Jenny Han's writing is hilarious. I can't wait for it to come out May 2nd (crap! why during my finals period? *cries*).

When Dimple met Rishi - Sandhya Menon


I am just so excited for When Dimple met Rishi! I think it will be such a beautiful story, with elements from other cultures that I would really like to know more about! It is about two Indian teenagers use parents have set for marriage, but they don't even know each other and, even though Rishi is all looking forward to marrying Dimple, she has no intention to marry him. But they go to the same summer programme and I guess something changes. Doesn't it look so cool?! I tried fitting it in my 2017 Diverse Reads Challenge, and I think I did manage to make a place for it, but it was hard! I would've read it anyway, though haha! This one's coming out May 30th :D



So these are the 2017 releasing that I find most exciting. I am looking forward to each and every one of them! What 2017 books are you excited for? You can leave me a link to your post so that I can have a look!



Happy reading!


Previous post...





Follow WL and don't miss out on any post! :D


Google+     Bloglovin'    Goodreads    Twitter




4 comments:

  1. I'm also excited for King's Cage & Always and Forever... I'm not a big fan of the Red Queen series but when Maven is just my fave.. also I'm scared of Always and Forever since PS I Still Love You was a good ending. but I'm still hoping it works out for me.

    czai @ the Blacksheep Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree with you! PS I Still Love You was a good ending for the duology, but then it turned into a trilogy, so I am excited to see how Jenny Hann continues the story. Let's hope she doesn't let us down! Thanks for passing by, czai! :)

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard about Ronit and Jamil before and it sounds interesting. Definitely adding it to my TBR. I was actually lucky enough to get an early copy of "When Dimple Met Rishi" and I LOVED it! It was so cute and full of Bollywood references (I'm an absolute sucker for those). I hope you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Shouni! Ronit and Jamil sounds so good, doesn't it? :D Wow, lucky you!! I can't wait to add When Dimple Met Rishi to my shelves! I don't read but positive things about it! Can it be May 30th already?!

      Delete

I'd love to read your comment!